Below, are listed the series of government bill and bonds events that are scheduled to take place in August.
- 7 August: Italian Q2 GDP flash estimate.
- 13 August: Italy auction. Bill.
- 14 August: Italy auction. Bonds.
- 14 August: Euro area Q2 GDP flash estimate, from Eurostat.
- Mid-August: French Constitutional Court/Fiscal Compact. In Mid-August the French Constitutional Court is due to rule whether the Fiscal Compact, which euro area countries are due to endorse by the start of 2013, needs to be ratified into the French Constitution. If so, a joint vote by the French Assembly would be required. Signals are that this would happen in September if required.
- 16 August: Spain auction. Bonds.
- 20 August: Greek bond redemption. Greece is due to repay EUR3.1bn of GGBs.
- 21 August: Spain auction. Bills.
- 28 August: Spain auction. Bills.
- 28 August: Italy auction. Bonds.
- 29 August: Italy auction. Bills.
- 30 August: Italy auction. Bond.
- End-August: DBRS rating on Spain/Ireland. By the end of August, the DBRS ratings agency is due to have concluded its review of Spanish and Irish sovereign ratings.