This is the list of the important economic events of the day:
- Must be those evil speculators’ fault: Oil price inflates as speculators bet on stimulus.
- Need moar stimulus: UK Coalition plans housebuilding stimulus.
- Paul Ryan brings fundraising prowess to Romney presidential bid.
- Silver Hoard Near Record As Hedge-Fund Bulls Recoil.
- World powers eye emergency food meeting; action doubted.
- Clegg Said to Have Role in Picking King Successor as BOE Chief.
- Risks must not hide positive China trends.
- BOJ should not rule out any policy options: July minutes.
- India Says Growth Sacrifice Needed in Inflation Fight.
Sources: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters