This is the list of today’s important economic events:
- Secret Libor Committee Clings to Anonymity After Rigging Scandal.
- Peru Declares State of Emergency to Quell Violent Mining Protests.
- Euro-Area Economic Adjustment Only Half Complete, Moody’s Says.
- Wall Street Leaderless in Rules Fight as Dimon Diminished.
- China Swaps Drop From Three-Month High as PBOC Adds Record Cash.
- China invest $1 billion in U.S. Cheniere’s LNG plant, Blackstone to act as intermediary buffer.
- Romney Offers Lukewarm Support for Fed Audit – Hilsenrath.
- U.K. Unexpectedly Posts Deficit as Corporation Taxes Plunge.
- Obama issues military threat to Syria.
- Merkel Allies Signal Concessions on Greece Before Samaras Visit.
- Chinese banks warned of foreign exchange risks.
- ‘Big four’ banks accelerate new loans.
- Beijing Plans to Levy Congestion Charges to Ease Traffic Jams.
Below is how the European economic summary looks for the day:
- Switzerland M3 y/y 9.8%. Previous 7.4%.
- UK Public Finances (PSNCR) -22.9B. Previous 3.0B.
- UK PSNB ex Interventions 0.6B – higher than expected. Consensus -2.2B.
- UK Public Sector Net Borrowing -1.8B – higher than expected. Consensus -3.2B.
Sources: Bloomberg, China Daily, FT, Reuters, WSJ