This is the list of the important economic events of the day. If not all of them, most probably some of them are significant enough to influence the direction of the binary option markets.
- ECB’s Nowotny – ESM banking license could be advantageous – just keep regurgitating headlines until they generate a short squeeze.
- IMF Says China Downside Risks Significant as Growth Slows.
- Moody’s cuts outlook on EU stability facility to negative.
- Rome places spending controls on Sicily.
- Big banks’ glory days feared to be gone for good.
- China’s CNOOC scoped Nexen, partnered, then pounced.
- Germany backs Spanish austerity plans.
- Are 2012 Games one too many for London.
- Euro Crisis Spreading East Damps Growth, Development Bank Says.
- Japan Flags Yen-Sales Impact as BOJ Eyes More Easing.
- BOK’s Kim Says He Sees Downside Risk to 3% Growth Target.
- New Bank of Japan board members doubt CPI to rise quickly.
These are the news of the European economic update:
- UK GDP -0.7% q/q -0.8% y/y – lower than expected. Consensus -0.2% q/q -0.3% y/y. Previous -0.3% q/q -0.2% y/y.
- German IFO Business Climate 103.3 – lower than expected. Consensus 104.5. Previous 105.3.
Sources: Bloomberg, Reuters, FT