These are the important economic events, which are expected to take place this week. Binary traders should examine these series of developments because some of them might influence the direction of the binary markets.
Mon. Aug 6:
- Indonesia GDP.
Tue. Aug 7:
- Australia RBA Cash Rate Announcement: Consensus expects a flat rate of 3.50% for August.
- United Kingdom Industrial Production: A decline expected -4.3% yoy from -1.6% yoy previously.
- Germany Factory Orders: Consensus expects a decline to -0.8% mom from 0.6% mom previously.
Wed. Aug 8:
- Brazil IBC-BR Monthly Real GDP: An increase expected to 1.5% yoy from 1.1% yoy previously.
- Brazil Inflation – IPCA (IBGE): An increase expected to 5.17% yoy from 4.92% yoy for July.
- Germany Trade Balance: Consensus: a decline expected to 14.6B from 15.3B previously.
- United Kingdom Bank of England Inflation Report: An increase expected.
Thu. Aug 9:
- Indonesia Central Bank Meeting: Consensus expects the reference rate to stay flat at 5.75%.
- Japan Monetary Policy Meeting: Consensus expects the target rate to remain unchanged at 0.10%.
- South Korea Central Bank Meeting.
- China Industrial Production: Consensus expects an increase to 9.7% yoy from 9.5% yoy for July.
- United Kingdom Trade Balance: An increase expected in the deficit to 2.9bn comparing to -2.7bn previously.
- United States Trade Balance: Forecasted that the nominal trade deficit remained unchanged in June. Consensus expects a decline to the deficit from -$48.7B to -$47.6B for June.
- US Initial Jobless Claims: After a number of swings in recent weeks, this number continues to deserve close monitoring.
Fri. Aug 10:
- China Trade Balance: Consensus expects a decline to 8.2% from 11.3% in exports and an increase to 7.4% from 6.3% in imports for the month of July.
- Australia RBA Statement on Monetary Policy.
- Germany CPI: Consensus expects an unchanged 1.7% yoy for July.
- France Industrial Production: Consensus expects an increase to -1.8% yoy from -3.5% yoy for June.
Sources: Bloomberg, Reuters, FT